As we begin experiencing high temperatures in a number of the locations that FirstKey Homes serves, please consider the following tips to keep your air-conditioning (AC) system working as efficiently as possible:
- When it’s hot outside, your AC unit is working harder than normal; most units can only offer a 20-degree difference between outside and inside temperatures.
- Keep your thermostat at a consistent temperature. If your unit is struggling to get to 76 degrees, turning your thermostat down to 72 degrees can strain the system.
- Change your unit’s air filter to ensure air is getting through. Most filters need to be changed monthly.
- Remove any debris from the outside unit and make sure fans are clear.
- Close windows, doors, curtains, and blinds to keep sunlight and hot air out.
- Use fans to circulate air. Moving air feels cooler.
- Avoid using your dryer and oven during the hottest parts of the day.
- Make sure all interior vents are clean, open, and not blocked by furniture, etc.
URGENT AC Concerns:
If your AC system is not functioning — with inside temperatures above 85 degrees F — PLEASE CALL 844.395.3959 to submit an URGENT request. (PLEASE CALL; DO NOT submit a request online through the FirstKey Maintenance System, as that may result in a delayed response.)
Non-URGENT AC Concerns:
If your concern does not meet the criteria above, you can submit a maintenance request online through FirstKey Maintenance System, or call 844.395.3959. (Due to a higher-than-average volume of requests, there may be a slight delay in response; please know that we are tracking all requests and responding based on priority and the order in which they were received.)