Now that hurricane season has begun, as always, the safety of our residents and team members is a priority. We’ve been proactively preparing for the hurricane season to make sure our residents are informed and ready for any storm. Here’s what you need to know:
• We will do our best to communicate to you via email prior to major storms in your area.
• To ensure we have your best contact information, please take a minute to update it on the online Resident Portal or FirstKey Homes mobile app.
• Create a Hurricane Kit with nonperishable food, bottled water, flashlights, weather radio, batteries, chargers, and pet supplies. Ensure your important documents are safe and that you have any medications needed.
• Please keep in mind residents are responsible for sandbags, hurricane shutters, or window boarding. We do not provide or reimburse, but we encourage and welcome residents to consider these precautions. If you choose to do so, it would be best to buy those supplies now before storms approach.
• Remember to bring all outside furniture and toys inside the home or garage.
• Identify your evacuation routes and plan multiple options if possible.
• Be aware of important safety guidelines before operating a portable generator at your home. Please see the Generator Safety and Best Practices section below for details.
• If you’ve experienced any damage to your home, report it using the online Resident Portal or our mobile app. Add pictures if possible. (Call 844.395.3959 if you don’t have Internet or data service.)
• Our local team members will prioritize inspections based on damages and our ability to get to the home.
• Report damages to personal property to your rental insurance provider immediately.
Please visit www.ready.gov/hurricanes for more information about hurricane preparedness and safety.
Our teams will be here before, during, and after any storm to support you. Thank you for being a part of the FirstKey Homes family.